The IEEE PES Conference on Innovative SMART GRID Technologies (ISGT-LA 2015) Latin American , sponsored by the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) and hosted by IEEE URUGUAY SECTION and PES local CHAPTER, the third in Latin America, will be held on OCT 5, 6 and 7th, 2015. The Conference, declared of tourist interest by the Ministry of Tourism and Sport, will be a forum for the participants to discuss state-of-the-art innovations in Smart Grid technologies, to attend tutorials, oral/poster paper presentations and Industry Panels.
|Welcome Reception:||Monday 5th, 19:00, Hotel 2nd Level|
|Gala Dinner:||Tuesday 6th, 20:00, Hotel 2nd Level|
ISGT's Conference Series History
In 2010, the IEEE Power & Energy Society launched a new conference called Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT) with a first meeting in January at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Conference Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA. The unqualified success of the first conference and numerous requests for more inspired PES to establish ISGT as a Conference Series, and to broaden the scope of the conference to include annual offerings in the USA, and international installations which have included ISGT Conferences in Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia and the Middle East. Target audience are researchers, innovators, decision-makers, regulators, investors, experts and suppliers of solutions from the industry in all Smart Grids related work and study fields.
ISGT world previous conferences
- ISGT Asia 2015, November 4-5, Bangkok (www.ieee-isgt-asia-2015.org/home/)
- ISGT-LA 2015, October 5-7, Montevideo, Uruguay (http://isgtla.org)
- ISGT 2015, February 17-20, Washington DC, USA (ieee-isgt.org/)
- ISGT Europe 2014, October 12-15, Istanbul (www.ieee-isgt-eu.org/)
- ISGT Asia 2014, May 20-23, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (www.ieee-isgt-asia.org)
- ISGT 2014, February 19-22, Washington DC, USA (sites.ieee.org/isgt2014)
- ISGT Asia 2013, November 10-13, Bangalore, India (www.ieee-isgt-2013.asia)
- ISGT Europe 2013, October 6-9, Copenhagen, Denmark (www.ieee-isgt-2013.eu/)
- ISGT-LA 2013, April 15-17, Sao Paulo, Brazil (itarget.com.br/newclients/ieee/)
- ISGT 2013, February 24-27, Washington DC, USA (sites.ieee.org/isgt/2013-conference/)
- ISGT Europe 2012, October 14-17, Berlin, Germany (www.ieee-isgt-2012.eu/)
- ISGT Asia 2012, May 21-24, Tianjin, China
- ISGT 2012, January 16-20, Washington DC, USA (ewh.ieee.org/conf/isgt/2012)
- ISGT Middle East 2011, December 17-20, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- ISGT Australia 2011, November 13-16, Perth, Australia
- ISGT-LA 2011, October 19-21, Medellin, Colombia (www.ieee-isgtla.org/)
- ISGT Europe 2011, October 10-13, Manchester, UK
- ISGT 2011, January 17-19, Anaheim, California, USA
- ISGT Europe 2010, October 10-13, Gothenburg
- ISGT 2010, January 19-21, Gaithersburg, Maryland, US
IEEE is the world's largest professional association advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity. Through its more than 400,000 members in 160 countries, IEEE is a leading authority on a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics.
IEEE publishes 30 percent of the world's literature in the electrical and electronics engineering and computer science fields, has developed nearly 900 active industry standards, and annually sponsors more than 850 conferences worldwide.
About IEEE PES (Power & Energy Society)
With over 24,000 members around the globe, the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) is the leading provider of scientific and engineering information on electric power & energy for the betterment of society and a trusted resource dedicated to the technical, informational, networking and professional development needs of its members.
Miroslav Begovic, Texas A&M University - PES President:
"Smart Grids and Solar Energy"
Wanda Reder, VP - S&C Electric Company, USA:
"Changing the Conversation of Grid Modernization with Energy Storage"
Luis Ochoa - Univ. of Manchester, UK:
"Making our Distribution Smarter and Low Carbon: A UK Perspective"
NOTE: John McDonald regretts not to be able to participate because he had to have unanticipated surgery that prevents him from traveling for at least four weeks.The conference organizers thank John McDonald for his goodwill and wish him a safe recovery.
Conference E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org