Our country Uruguay is improving its power generation matrix, with renewable resources (hydro, wind and PV) to target 100% renewable power in 2015.
Previous IEEE Uruguay organized conferences (IEEE PES T&DLA 2012 and IEEE IMS I2MTC 2014) Technical Tour was a journey to a wind farm in the morning and "Punta del Este" beach in the afternoon.
If you are interested in a one day Technical Tour (tipically from 08:00 to 20:00) on thursday OCTOBER 8, 2015 (Conference runs from OCT 5 to 7) please register early.
- Tour Date: October 8, 2015
- Tour Ticket price: $70 USD/person cash (early credit card payment, or cash at Welcome Desk with Aba travel agent)
- Registration/payment: Mandatory
- Registration Window: Today until OCT 6-2015, payment at Welcome Desk OCT 5-6 (No later registration will be fullfilled)
- Includes: transportation to and from the destination, does NOT includes lunch expenses
- Minimum number of passengers needed to fulfill the tour: 10 people (if there are fewer than 10 attendees, the tour will be cancelled)
- Companion/Guide: One Guide from the Bus, one companion form IEEE Uruguay
- Transportation: ABA Transportes Servicios Internacional,www.abatransportes.com.uy
- Early registration + Credit Card Payment: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org until May 14, Phone: +598 99900880
- **Mention "IEEE Uruguay RADISSON HOTEL Conference**
Local tourism travel agent (ABA Transportes) will be at the Conference Welcome Desk OCT 6-7, for Recreational and Tehcnical Tours (also Shuttle to the Airport or anywhere) booking and payment (Credit Card or Cash).
Aba Transportes: www.abatransportes.com.uy
Quotations e-mail: email@example.com (quotations / tariffs)
Booking / Reservations e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (MENTION "IEEE Radisson Conference") or Phone: +598 2200 5176
ISGT-LA 2015 Technical Tour, OCT 8-2015
- MORNING: Wind Farm Visit to "Minas - 42 MW Uruguay" owned by Akuo Energy,
- LUNCH: At the "Punta del Este" harbor Self-Service Restaurant (at your own expenses)
- AFTERNOON: "Punta del Este" city/balneary/beach tour
08:30 Meet at Radisson Hotel Hall
09:00 Departure: Radisson Hotel, Plaza Independencia
11:30 Arrival: "Parque Eólico Minas I" Wind Farm
12:00 Tour: on the VANS and stop to watch the towers
13:00 Departure: for Punta del Este
14:00 Arrival: "Punta del Este" beach
14:15 On your own for lunch / Free time at Gorlero Street
15:00 Join the Group at the sailing harbor
15:15 Tour to the seaside and places (on the VAN)
17:30 Departure: to Montevideo
20:00 Arrival: to Radisson Hotel, Plaza Independencia